Tuesday, May 7, 2013

summer activities

In Poland - temperature above 25°C, snow has already melted, only some ravines in Tatras don't let us forget about skiing and winter conditions.

It' s high time to think about trekking, climbing and some other summer activities which let us keep in good form before the next season.

Today I'd like to list some activities I get used to do after and before winter season:
- tennis - my favourite; lets us keep in good condition, develops endurance, speed and strengh
- climbing - good for developing muscle strengh, balance and reducing acrophobia that is very helpful for winter explaration on skis
- windsurfing - to develop balance and strengh (esp. arms)
- trekking - to show how to move in mountain conditions and use some equipments helpful in winter i.e. rope, harness, cramps, ice-axe esp. if we do some trekking on glaciers; there is no better preparation to ski-touring
- rollerblading - in my opinion the most similar sport to skiing and if you do some ski slalom, you can also do the same on rolller skates.
- running - I couldn't come around to running so far. I'm really not able to enjoy running despite the fact it's the easiest, most available and cheepest way to be in good form.
That's why I made up my mind to try again and go on at least for 3 weeks. They say after minimum 2 weeks of regular running it'll bring a joy and satisfaction. 
We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment