Friday, March 22, 2013

Hello Ms. Winter again

Yesterday I promised you I'll write more about my blog.
But...unfortunately or rather fortunately for me and other riders, I had to change my plan. 
Yesterday Ms. Winter sprang a surprise on spring (it sounds funny: spring a surprise on spring) and She came. It was snowing the whole day and night  in polish mountains, the temperature dropped below 0 and I couldn't do nothing different than skiing. 
I woke up early morning and after an hour of driving I was ready to ski. I chose Sczyrk for today exploration, just beacause it's nearest. 
During the first hour I didn't need to look for fresh lines behind the prepared slopes because some of them weren't preperared indeed. It was a blessing to me that today I was alone. I did't use to ski in forests alone... 
If you are going to ski in forest areas, never do this alone even if you are an experienced and good skier equipped in helmet and goggles!
But today I broke this rule the first and last time. I was so stupefied by fresh powder, I decided to mark some new lines in my favourite beech forest (see below).


I cracked my leg on a small spruce and my shank is red, gray, swollen and aching. I had a luck I didn't broke my leg. And what if I crack my head on a tree and lose consciousness...It was stupid and irresponsible!
Luckily it's happy ending story and good lesson for the next time.
Afterwards I met 3 riders: a telemark skier, a fat skis skier and a snowboarder who joined me for the rest of my skiing day. Probably because I knew some secret passages ;) They were surprised doubly: seeing female rider, alone in the forest. They took some nice shots.







No comments:

Post a Comment