Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gluten and lactose free diet - my new discovery how to feel better, happier and younger

It's been quite a long time since my last post.

I made some experiments with my diet and now, after over 3 months, I'd like to share a result of my experience with you. I'm sure most of you are active and don't have any problems with your weight. I don't have too. But some symptoms such as stomachache, weakness, sleepiness, sinus disorder made me to search for a reason. 
I had medical checks: blood tests, gastroscopy. They were ok. I took a lot of medicines but the problem constantly returned. But for all this time I was sure my diet was proper and healthy and had no influence for my state of being. Despite of this fact, after reading some articles online I decided to introduce some changes and restrictions to my nutritional habits.
I reduced food containing gluten, dairy products and sweet.
I tried to avoid: bread and pasta made of wheat, pizza, cakes, barley, cold meats with gluten, beer, cow milk, white and yellow cheese and sugar.
It sounds terrific but I have a lot of other posibillities to prepare my meals.
A cow dairy I replaced with goat and sheep milk and chees no containing lactose and soya, almond drink. 
I ate bread mede of corn, amaranth, groats, millet flour (without gluten) or a rye bread without wheat flour and yeast. 
Rye contains gluten but is much more healthier than wheat. 
Typical pasta made of durum wheat, which I adored and used to eat even 3-4 times a week, I replaced with corn pasta which tastes absolutely great, similar to a wheat pasta, but doesn't contain gluten.
But eating a corn pasta or bread you need to know that they contain even more carbohydrates than wheat. 
Because of summertime I ate a lot fresh vegetables. 
My main meals consist of fish, turkey, duck or rabbit meat and beef sometimes. I avoided pork and chicken. 
Most of you ask why I eliminated chicken meat? I know it's is low fat meat, reach in proteins but 
chickens raised for meat called broilers are fed drugs, growth hormones, antibiotics and even arsenic to bring on them (see link to the article in polish or in english: 
http://finanse.wp.pl/kat,1033821,title,Tym-karmione-sa-kurczaki-A-potem-my-to-jemy,wid,14393818,wiadomosc.html 
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/05/opinion/kristof-arsenic-in-our-chicken.html?_r=0).

I ate 4 - 5 meals a day: first and second breakfast, lunch, afternoon coffee with a snack and dinner.

After 3 months of regular and healthy eating I lost 5 kilos, my stomach and other body symptoms vanished, I have more power, I improved my sport endurance, I'm happier and more optimistic.I even didn't imagine how change of a diet can improve my life.

During my experiment with a diet I stumbled on a book "Serve to win" by Novak Djokovic which help me understand the mechanism of action of gluten and lactose free diet. But more about this next time...

Slimmer and happier me



No comments:

Post a Comment