Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Big joy with Big JOY - my new skis from HEAD

Thanks to Polish department of HEAD co. for 10 days I've had a possibilty of shredding snow with my new pair of fat skis - HEAD Big JOY with touring bindings TYROLIA Aaambition 12.
The set is absolutely perfect. It looks like one million dollar, but the skiing impression is even better than the look. 
This is new, this year line of female fat skis but otherwise very light due to graphen - the material the skis are made of.
My Big JOY skis are the wider than all others of this series, but in spite of it, they are very light what is crucial for every girl who wants to have fun not only during making new lines on fresh pow but also while skinning up. 
The whole JOY line you can see on the HEAD website and also below on pic & edit.

(photo from powder7.com)



I have Big JOY 168 cm long and I'm 170 cm high. They suit me perfectly. They flow on a fresh pow, soft snow and turn like a slalom skis. The radius is only 14,8 m (168 cm) - that's why they are very easy to "drive". It helps to ski the trees ;) 
Even if there is no fresh snow off-piste they behave equally awesome on prepared runs. 
Due to their light weight, they are more comfortable to climb up on skins. 

The TYROLIA bindings AAAmbition 12 are the lightest freeride bindings on the market. It makes the whole set one of the lightest choice with fat skis and freeride bindings instead of narrow, touring skis and pin (tech) bindings.

I tried a lot of skis due to my work as a ski instructor and till the last week I was in Austria in Gastein region and tried HEAD Big JOY I even could't have imagined that there are still skis that can surprise me so much. 

Once more, thank you HEAD Poland for this set. 








No comments:

Post a Comment